Saturday 24 April 2010

The Calm Before the Storm

Now to me, that looks like a penguin. No one else could see this.

Distribution letters galore!

Jonah and the Whale craft prototype for holiday club. Great fun!


Things get political in the carnivorous areas of Eastbourne!

"My dinner" I said to the checkout person. By her grunt, I assumed she was dead to the world. In reality, it's about two weeks worth of tuck for my youth.

I don't even know what to say to that.



May is looking to be a storm. Not a lovely American "It'll be a storm!", but a solid British "Sigh. It's going to be a storm." May will welcome in the likes of 9 assemblies, 19 talks, a BBC Radio interview, my photography exhibition, May Camp (and all her preparations), all my usual commitments and leaves me with 41 hours to finish the Holiday Club preparations. So it's looking to be a storm. It's going to be fun and hopefully fruitful, but also tiring and stressful. So a calm before the storm would be lovely. But I think it must have already been and gone unnoticed. Probably sometime in July 2009.

It has been a busy year, but it's been brilliant fun! The year seems to be building up to June. I've had loads to do all year, but not this much coming up. June sees the holiday club that I'm putting on with the help of some amazing people. By the end of the holiday club, I will have just over a month left only. This will give me a time to tie loose ends and get ready to pass on the torch to the next youth worker at St. Elisabeth's. How this person has come to take over is quite an amazing story of God's intervention, but that's a tale for them to tell. It's reassuring to know that there will be someone there when I've gone.

Impact, the youth group I run, has been building up in size, fellowship and discipleship since September. It's been fantastic to see this group turn from a group of individuals to a group of friends and have become stronger in faith. Since March however, we've started losing people for different reasons. It's a struggle, as discussions are limited and games are difficult. Hopefully it's just a bump on the road!

The holiday club will be called Seriously Awesome Animals and we will be looking at some amazing creatures and who made them. I've got 9 promotional assemblies this month, including 3 in a school that wouldn't usually.

I may not have a chance to blog until June, but we'll see how it goes.
Here's something I stumbled across yesterday that struck a chord with me, maybe it will to you to.

"God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
James 4:6

Have a think about it and see what it means to you. God can use the same sentence in many different ways for each person who's willing to accept it, because He's clever like that!

Please be praying (now might be a good time to start if you don't already!) for -
  • Me. Pray that I keep my focus on God and that I don't become too stressed.
  • The schools that are letting me talk to their children.
  • The children and families.
  • Those going to May Camp, that they will have a really blessed time that will change them.
  • The youth group, which is fighting for survival at the moment.
  • Those people reading my blog who are interested in this faith that they're reading about! Pray that they act on their interest!
Thank you!
Mikey.




No comments:

Post a Comment